This post describes a simple workflow for document approval.
In a company, most of the time, documents need to be approved before sending to a customer or even before distributing it to colleagues.
The first things to do is to define roles :
- A writer
- A reviewer
- An approver
The writer submit a document using the standard dms (document managing system)
During the upload he is asked to choose, among a list of person, a reviewer.
The list of reviewer should be based on the type of document and the content of document. The list should propose a list of expert users. This means that the list should be constructed in advance.
The document is uploaded with metadata :
- date of submission
- writer username
- proposed reviewer username
The proposed reviewed is notified by email or in the dms dashboard that a document is pending for review.
- The reviewer can review the document
- The review cannot review the document (for time reason or because he think that he is not the most suitable expert in this field)
In the first case, the reviewer has the following options :
- Mark the document as ok for approval
- Correct the document, upload the corrected version and mark as ok for approval
- Ask the writer to modify the document and gives him his comments and mark the document as awaiting writers corrections
to be continued